Saturday, February 15, 2014

Witches - Fair, Brown, and Trembling




  This week was all about Witches, and I read the short story "Fair, Brown, and Trembling" from Ireland by Jeremiah Curtin.


    I've read many, many versions of cinderella before, from all across the world. What made this particular version different and more interesting was the fact that the story continues after Trembling, who is Cinderella, and her prince charming find each other and get married. It continues all the way until her daughter is grown up. That, was pretty interesting and something that I haven't seen much in a Cinderella story. Besides that, it focuses less on story before Trembling was treated unfairly, which was refreshing too. It was also interesting to see that her prince charming actually had to fight for her love, which is something that I definitely haven't seen before in any Cinderella story that I've read (or, at least that I can remember). All in all, it was a good, interesting, and refreshing take on the classic, but over written story of Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment