Saturday, March 29, 2014

Narratives from the Multi-verse: We Can Remember It For You Wholesale



     So this week was all about narratives from the multi-vers and the reading I did was "We Can Remember It For Wholesale" by Philip K. Dick. 

     I really wish I got more into the story, but about halfway through the story I just couldn't do it anymore. Part of the reason why I couldn't finish it was mainly due to the layout; it was formatted in a really weird way, which was hard for me to read. Coupled with the fact that some of the words were written likethis, the whole story was really hard for me to read. Besides that, the story was a little bit slow on the start. 

    It was interesting to think about the concept of having a memory, burying it with another memory and then having it resurface is a pretty cool idea. It kind of reminds of the movie "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" a bit, in the way that the main characters in the movie try to erase memories. Overall, the ideas in the short story were pretty cool, but this particular story just wasn't my cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment